Skip to main content
Your official UCSD email address on @ucsd.edu
- All UCSD students have an email alias of the form email@example.com, which forwards to an email account that may be at a different address.
- Most emails from UCSD administrative offices and emails sent to all students in a class are addressed to your @ucsd.edu address. You are responsible for checking email sent to this address on a timely basis.
- Initially it forwards to the UCSD email account that was created for you. For most Bioinformatics graduate students, this is as follows (but it may differ if you started at UCSD in another capacity):
- If you prefer to forward @ucsd.edu email to a different email account, see instructions on the ITS website.
Google hosted @ucsd.edu and @eng.ucsd.edu accounts
Educational Technology Services accounts: network, classes,...
- Also called ITS (IT Service Desk). Formerly called ACS (Academic Computing Services) and ACMS (Academic Computing & Media Services).
- ETS/ITS provides email, WiFi access on campus, VPN access from off-campus, computer lab access for certain classes, certain campus licensed software, Canvas (for course websites and grade books), and more. You'll also use the same account credentials to access campus services such as WebReg (course registration).
- Important links:
- Labs: You may be issued additional computer accounts for the lab or department in which you do your rotations and thesis research. In most cases, those will not be coordinated with your ETS/ITS accounts.