Many students in the Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Graduate Program are funded by these NIH Institutional Training Grants:
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Training Grant: NIH grant T32GM008806
- Biomedical Informatics Training Grant: NIH grant T15LM011271
If you are funded by one of these training grants, please cite the training grant (as well as any other funding) for all your papers during the graduate program, and arrange for journal papers to be deposited in PubMed Central.
If you start a project on one grant and finish it on another grant, list both. If you omitted the grant acknowledgement when you submitted the article, please fix it on revision or when correcting proofs. If another author is in charge of writing/submitting the paper, please notify them about these responsibilities. Also, please notify the Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Graduate Program about your publications, so we can list them on our Student Publications page, in training grant reports, etc.
Sample acknowledgement for a paper funded solely by the BISB training grant (please remember to substitute the correct agency and grant number if you use this for the BMI training grant or another grant):
This work was supported by a grant from the National Institutes of Health, USA (NIH grant T32GM8806).
Sample acknowledgement for a paper with multiple authors and multiple grants:
[Your initials] was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health, USA (NIH grants T32GM8806 and ...) and from the National Science Foundation (NSF grant ...).
For other grant-funded research, please remember to
- Notify your PI about all your publications. Ask for the grant agency and grant number and how to acknowledge the grant. Ask if there is an open access requirement. When you have the final publication information, give them the citation so that they can include it in their grant reports.
- Acknowledge your grant support (including training grant support, if you received it) in your publications, conference talks, posters, websites, etc.
- For journal articles with NIH funding (including the training grants), arrange for the articles to be deposited in PubMed Central. The procedure varies by journal. See the NIH Public Access Policy and FAQ and your journal's specific instructions. Note that NIH grant reports require listing the PMCID of each article (or NIHMSID on a temporary basis), to show that it was deposited in PubMed Central.
- HHMI funding also has an open access requirement for PubMed Central or another suitable repository.
- Notify the Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Graduate Program about your publications, so we can list them on our Student Publications page (and certain of them on our training grant reports).